On 4th May you will elect local Councillors to sit on Rugby Borough Council for the next 4 years. For too long Rugby has been taken for granted by the established parties. This year every ward in Rugby has a Green Party candidate – people who already work to make Rugby fairer and greener.
Our message is about the environment in its broadest sense. Not just our disappearing green spaces but also our town centre, housing and social amenities. Rugby is being sacrificed to speculative building development well beyond the requirements of the Local Plan. Green Councillors will demand planning decisions to protect the Borough while arguing for family homes at affordable prices.
Similarly, Rugby’s air quality is deteriorating, as traffic is increasing and our health is at risk. We need to act. Vote Green Party to ensure you have representatives to challenge the Council on the most important issue in Rugby in the years ahead.
Nationally and Locally, Where Greens Lead Others Follow
Elected Green Party members have shown what a difference we can make. Green Party Councillors on Warwickshire County Council are already tackling everyday issues from helping new business start-ups, to reducing council excess, to ensuring fair wages for young council employees, showing that a Green voice can make a difference.
But not just in Warwickshire, the Green Party is on the rise throughout the West Midlands. From a mere 3 Councillors in 2010 we are up to 108 today, improving life for residents across the region. Don’t let Rugby be left out. If you want your voice to be heard on Rugby Borough Council, then vote for your local Green Party candidates next week.
Rugby Green Party has a vision of a confident thriving town with an economically and ecologically sustainable economy. Here are the main points of our plan:
Sustainable Local Economy and Employment
- Work with local businesses and trade unions to build on the engineering expertise that exists in Rugby to produce items for the Green Energy sector.
Tackling Climate Change
- Real action to address the long overdue Climate Emergency declaration of 2019. Immediately convene a Citizen’s Assembly to source ideas on steps forward and get the maximum possible buy-in from the residents of Rugby.
Sustainable Local Communities
- Helping people have warm, safe homes by accelerating the pace at which empty homes are brought back into use.
- Campaigning for better insulated homes and public buildings
- Ensure that Rugby is properly integrated with West Midland’s metro and light rail plan. This may involve, for example trams or a light railway running between Rugby and Coventry.
Vote Green on May 4th so we can work with you for a fairer and greener future!!
Rugby Green Party May 2023 Candidates
|Admirals and Cawston||Jenny Farley|
|Coton and Boughton||Roy Sandison|
|Leam Valley||Chris Mawby|
|New Bilton||Maralyn Pickup|
|Newbold and Brownsover||Mark Summers|
|Revel and Binley Woods||Stephen Ward|
|Rokeby and Overslade||Kate Crowley|
|Wolston and The Lawfords||Lesley Summers|